Tuesday, December 10, 2013

The End of a Chapter

As of right now, I'm sitting in EZE. I've bought all my souvenirs, I've said all my goodbyes. I've packed all my things, I've finished all my school work and exams.


So I guess this is really over?


Like I've said, I will never forget this experience. A lot of people have asked me "So how will it be when you get back? Overall, how was the trip?"

I mean…. It's been awesome (can you really fit 4 months into a couple of words?!). But how will this trip affect me when I get back? Honestly, I don't know. I don't know when I'll know. I'm curious to see the lasting legacy of my trip abroad when I return home. I feel like it'll be one of those things where months or years from now I think: "Hmm, that's probably why I went to Argentina" or "Wow I understand this experience so much more now because of (insert situation here)".

I want to take the opportunity again to thank everyone in CEA and all of the beautiful people I met. Thank you to Joao, the artist, for showing me your work. Thank you to Nahuel, for teaching me something new every day and touching my heart so much. Thank you to Rachel for being an incredible roommate, we couldn't have done it without you. Thank you to Graciela for being an amazing mother to me here in Buenos Aires. Thank you Andrea, for being so welcoming (and Jack, for introducing me to such a great gal). Thank you to Scott, for being an incredible friend for me and always listening.

Gracias a todos. I really love all of you so, so much. I know for some of us this is goodbye forever, but I hope that for most of us it's just a "see you later". For whatever it may be, I wish you all the best in all your endeavors.

______________________________________________________________


This chapter of my life has come to a close. Now I look forward to finishing my last semester at Texas A&M University, and moving to Denver in May.

For the longest time, being a kid in a working class family with a single-mother, I always dreamed and fantasized about how amazing life would be when I was older, how all the hardships I had to endure as a child would some how become "worth it" later on. I remember thinking through all the crap and hardship, "When will it finally be MY time?!".

I've realized this semester, I'm living itThis is my time, and I look forward to seeing what else is in store.



Con un fuerte abrazo,
Julietta Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment