Monday, November 25, 2013

La Pluma Negra

Within my first few days being in Buenos Aires I told myself I wasn't leaving the city until I bought a piece of art here. The artwork in Buenos Aires always catches my attention, just begging for at least a couple minutes of my time.

One Sunday afternoon after a wonderful brunch at Magdelena's and bottomless Mimosas, my friend Logan and I headed to feria Recoleta. It's at artisan fair that takes place in Plaza Recoleta. There, I stumbled upon La Pluma Negra.



The owner behind the work is named Joao David, who is originally from Portugal but lives in Buenos Aires. Most of his artwork is done by zen-doodling and pen. I fell in love with his work, and he sells them at very fair prices. I got a couple 8x11.5 pieces for 30 pesos each (coming to about $4.25 USD). Honestly, I'm probably going to buy a couple more this next week.

You can follow him on facebook here.
You have a tumblr? Follow him here.
(And you should because Joao's work is incredible!)


Besos,
Julietta

No comments:

Post a Comment